Interoperability between Current Research Information Systems (CRIS) and Open Access Repository (OAR) systems was increased by defining and proposing a metadata exchange format for publication information with an associated common vocabulary, and thus contributing to:
- Making metadata input more efficient
- Avoiding or reducing duplicated inputs on the two platforms
- Increasing metadata quality, reliability and reusability
- Increasing quality level of services based on these metadata
- Reducing costs of metadata handling and exchange
This project started in January 2009 and outcomes were presented in October 2010. All documentation on this project can be found on the project wiki.
Presentation at EUROCRIS
The preliminary results were discussed in a workshop at the EUROCRIS conference in June 2010 in Aalborg Denmark. View the CRIS OAR project presentation.